Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NYFW 2013 Fails

For me, there were tons of successes this year at New York Fashion Week (I'm sure I'll do a post on that soon). However, I did see some missteps, that I feel like a lot of people quietly avoid mentioning. Here's what NOT to wear:

#1: Tassel Slippers from Rochas Spring 2014 Collection

I'm pretty sure you would trip in these - but if you managed to walk successfully from one end of a room to the other, the floor would be dusted as well.

#2: Pajama Suit from Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2014 Collection

I know that pajamas as day-wear is a trend, but this one just looks like a flimsy pinstripe suit. If you are going to call something a suit, it had better be form-fitting - not like you stole your dad's pajamas and walked out on the street.

#3 Striped Tank Dress and Matching Shoes from Jeremy Scott Spring 2014 Collection

c/o WWD
I can't even begin to address the issues I have with this outfit. The 60's Mad Men trend is huge, but this one is more "The Factory" and less "Secretary Chic". This one will end up at Goodwill for $5, if the purchaser knows what's good for them.

#4 Heather Top and Pants from Douglas Hannant Spring 2014 Collection

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with this silhouette, except for the fact that wearing leggings as pants doesn't look good on anyone (except maybe six month olds)! The overall heather gray-pattern reminds me of a seventies gym uniform, which in this case is bad.

Keep following for more fashion week goodness, to be posted soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment