Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Going home for a month

In order to prepare for the wedding, I'm going back to Virginia for about a month. I need to move the rest of my stuff out here and spend time with my family before I am out here for good. Since I'm going to be living out of a suitcase for a month, I thought I would share my packing methods.

Clothing

I will be incorporating these bags to protect my shoes and clothing:

UPPTÄCKA - Packing bag, set of 4 - Ikea

Toiletries & Hair Products, Cosmetics, Jewelry

Here are the bags I will be using to corral my items:

1. Toiletries & Hair Products - Mary Kay Travel Roll-Up Bag
I like this bag because the four sections are removable. I can take one bag containing shampoo, conditioner, etc. directly into the shower with me.

2. Cosmetics - Missoni for Target Famiglia Cosmetic Bag (sold out at Target, but you can find this on eBay)
This bag is nice and roomy. It's definitely large enough for a month's worth of makeup!

3. Jewelry - Drawstring Bag and Plastic Jars from the Container Store.
These pill containers are perfect for individual necklaces or a few pairs of studs.

Packing List


Here's a sneak peak of what I am planning on taking for the month. Hope these tips help you on your next trip!

Checking:
2 Dresses
2 Skirts
1 Cardigan
1 Jacket
1 Scarf/wrap
2 Pairs of Pajamas
Swimsuit
Underwear
2 Pairs of Jeans (wearing one on the flight)
2 Belts
1 Pair of Flip Flops
2 Pair of Flats (black and brown, wearing one on the flight)
1 Pair of Heels
10-12 Tops (4 Dressy and 6 Casual)
Hair
    Hair Gel
    Hair Spray
    Brush
    Comb
    Flat iron
    Bobby pins
    1-2 Headbands
Toiletries
    Toothbrush
    Toothpaste
    Floss
    Shampoo  
    Conditioner
    Body Wash
    Razor and Shave Gel
    Face Wash
    Moisturizer
    Deodorant
    Perfume
    Makeup Remover + Pads
    Tweezers
    Lotion
Makeup + Brushes
Jewelry

For the Airplane - Carrying On:
Tablet and Charger
Cell Phone and Charger
Laptop and Charger, Wireless Mouse
Eye Mask + Ear Plugs
Vitamins and Pills
Purse, ID, Money, etc.

1 comment: