Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kale Fried Rice with Scallions

Hi everyone! I was on Pinterest, as I often am, and came across a recipe I was curious to try. I personally pin only recipes that are feasible for me to make, based on my skill level in cooking and baking. I knew I could definitely handle this awesome recipe of Kale Fried Rice with Scallions, from the book by Gwyneth Paltrow, My Father's Daughter. Here is a look at the recipe:

Ingredients

1/2 lb kale, stems discarded
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely minced
3 large scallions, cut into 1/8 inch diagonal slices
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Directions

Cut the kale leaves in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into very thin ribbons (chiffonade). Steam the kale for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown the garlic. Raise the heat to medium and add the steamed kale and scallions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring. Add the soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds more.

Image and Recipe c/o Huffington Post

I topped mine with a fried egg. Here's how it turned out.


Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment