Monday, September 30, 2013

Modest is Hottest


Hi everyone! As part of my personal style, I aim to be modest in my dress. I wear tops that cover my shoulders and bottoms that go at least to the knee in length. Unfortunately, most available styles do not fall into either category, so I have to improvise in how I wear each article of clothing. Here are some of the tricks I use to stay modest (as well as hottest!). Ryan Gosling knows best.


Shirts


Problem: The sleeves don't cover my shoulders, the neckline is too low or the material is see-through.

Solution #1: Purchase a shirt you can wear under an immodest shirt. I prefer the tees from DownEast Basics. They have several colors and are inexpensive. Here's their Classic Tee in white:

Here's how it can look:

Solution #2: Wear the tank under a cute cardigan or blazer.

c/o J.Crew
c/o MySelvagedLife on Etsy.com
c/o Boden

Skirts


Problem: They are too short, coming above the knee.
Solution: Wear a longer slip or skirt underneath. There are cute options at ShopRuche.com right now:

Purchase here.
Purchase here.

Dresses


For dresses, you can combine the two principles. Here's how it can look:

Bonus: If the dress is too short, wear it as a cute top!
c/o Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment